Sunday, April 09, 2006

A week in my life...

On Tue. 3-28

Val was late to school, she got detention…

On Wed.

Val served her detention and colored her hair at the encouragement of another peer an older boy in Chorus…and went back to school for Chorus practice…

On Sat.

I tried to get Mary’s car inspected, I left the car having Mary come to get me in my car which suddenly dropped oil pressure… We then took the children for a dental appointment, and we picked up her vehicle which failed both general inspection and emissions, so I took my car to the dentist having her follow me in her car because of the oil pressure problem. From the dentist I wished her well and a safe trip back to her rental, while I took her car to where my tools are. I stopped at a local post office because of a two cent issue I didn’t know about then I bought the parts to repair her car. I started working on her car and realized I needed a special tool because my cheap tools broke. So I bicycled across town I needed a new flare nut wrench set and gave up later that evening when I broke a second tool a socket 10mm it was about 10 or 11 pm…

On Sun.
I went back across town on bicycle for more tools, new sockets I came back and now the head of the bolt stripped from the broken cheap socket. Next it was another trip back to the store for more tools to extract the bolt that was giving me grief. I finished working on the car and took a shower arriving at my wife’s house for her to have a car for the next day that would be reliable. It was only about 3:00 am when I finally got to bed…

On Mon 4-3
I was finshed work early so I took my vehicle down to her place and used her vehicle to pick up the children later that night. Val had another rehearsal…

On Tue

I took the children to school with her car and went to my court hearing… Then I scheduled her car for a re-inspection. I realized that Mary would need reliable wheels so I went car shopping, I figured I might be able to pull off some creative financing for a new (used) car, I figured out what I needed and found a vehicle…

We (My wife and son and I) watched the evening Choir performance that our daughter participated in. Mary took Val to the concert while I went up to get the new vehicle, we started the paper work and the dealer wanted a certified check or cash. Whoops, I forgot to ask what they would accept for payment. I would have to go to the concert in my car, now to figure out what to do for one more day before the engine would blow up…?

I figured if we drop my vehicle off at work Mary could run me to work the next day and that would reduce the miles to be put on my vehicle.

On Wed.

While at work I arranged the loan and transferred the insurance. That evening I picked up my new (used) wheels and picked up my children.

On Thur.

Work

On Fri.

Work

On Sat.

Mary uses my vehicle to get to work; I take her car to be re-inspected. The garage put two new tires on and gave it a front-end alignment. The car passed the two inspections and I came back a little poorer. My daughter had a counselor’s appointment and later we all went out to eat and get a few necessities at the local super store.

On Sun.

Today? Writing and relaxing…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home