Sunday, May 28, 2006

9,000 lbs of explosives


I got a real treat the other day, 9,000 lbs. of explosives buried and set off...

I just pulled in on the site and they were getting ready for the blast...

I looked where the explosives were buried, land flat, full of holes...

I waited a time, after parking in a direction to give the best protection just in case something would happen, I could only imagine...

Then the air horn sounded I was in a good position to watch this special occassion...

In a flash I saw the ground rise, what was once flat was now a mountain, and quite high a new range of loose dirt to be removed. Everyone was safe the event was quite controlled, and impressive.

Kind of different from watching things brought down to watching the material puffed up, like an infection or sore swelled and knowing it would be surgically removed, excavated...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home